vinay — Thu, 12/04/2008 - 23:09
This is only a dummy release. There are no changes in code actually. Basically, all files/information necessary for it to enter the ubuntu repository has been added. Also, the earlier version had incorrectly pointed IA64 packages as AMD64. This release just adds the AMD64 deb package as well.
vinay — Thu, 12/04/2008 - 15:39
Again, Charles Fuller gives install instructions for openSUSE 11.0
Here are the instruction on how to install the Mozilla-Tiff-Plugin under openSUSE 11.0 version x86_64 and using the 64-bit version of Firefox (see below for other versions).
1. openSUSE required packages
* gtk2-devel (This is the openSUSE name for "libgtk2.0-dev")
* mozilla-xulrunner190-devel (This is the openSUSE name for "mozilla-dev")
2. openSUSE version of the Makefile
Please also read the next section "Notes" to make sure that you set the correct values.
vinay — Thu, 12/04/2008 - 15:35
The below information was provided by Charles Fuller. Thanks Charles for the information.
1. openSUSE required packages
openSUSE has different names for packages, so here's the translation:
- "mozilla-dev": "mozilla-xulrunner181-devel". (Note that the package
qt3-devel is of no use since some of the required files are "dummy"
- "pkg-config": "pkgconfig".
- "libgtk2.0-dev": "gtk2-devel"
2. Changes to Makefile
Here is the version of "Makefile" for the 64-bit version of Firefox:
vinay — Thu, 12/04/2008 - 15:34
This version includes
- Multi page tiff support
- Improved memory management
The keyboard shortcuts to navigate through multi page tiffs are
- right arrow key (->) - next image in the multi page tiff
- left arrow key (<-) - previous image in the multi page tiff
To install this version the package libtiff-tools will be needed which can be installed with
apt-get install libtiff-tools
or if you are compiling the source, see that the utility tiffsplit is present on your system.
vinay — Thu, 12/04/2008 - 15:31
Version 0.2 has been released. This version includes some minor fixes which are
- A message appears in case the tiff file is corrupted
- Scaling has been fixed to GDL_INTERP_BILINEAR. It may be a bit slow but improves on quality of scaled image
- Fixed make clean in source Makefile
- Added gendeb script to the source for easily creating deb packages
vinay — Thu, 12/04/2008 - 15:29
Tiff Plugin is mozilla/netscape compatible plugin for viewing tiff images. This is the first release. Features include
- Zoom in - keyboard shortcut '+'
- Zoom out - keyboard shortcut '-'
- Rotate anticlockwise - keyboard shortcut 'a'
- Rotate clockwise - keyboard shortcut 'c'
- Progress bar when downloading images
The plugin is available in .deb format for i386 and amd64 systems. So debian based systems can install with
dpkg -i mozilla-tiff-plugin-i386.deb OR dpkg -i mozilla-tiff-plugin-amd64.deb
For non debian based systems, the sources need to be compiled. For compiling the packages pkg-config, libgtk2.0-dev and mozilla-dev need to be installed. The steps to install the source would be
tar -zxvf mozilla-tiff-plugin.tar.gz cd mozilla-tiff-plugin make make plugin make install
The plugin has been tested on firefox and mozilla browsers.